We don’t need much of an excuse to eat pie, and Labor Day Monday is a great reason – so let’s do a Pie Ride to Gizdich Ranch in Watsonville. Choose between long version leaving from Monterey Wharf (same start as Tuesday NRJ ride), or “Pie Lite” leaving from Pezzini’s near Castroville.
Here’s the details:
– Labor Day, Monday, September 4 – Pie Ride to Gizdich Ranch in Watsonville.
– Meet at 8am at Monterey Wharf on the bike path near the Custom House for the 70 mile ride (same start as Tuesday NRJ Ride).
– “Pie Lite” – 9am to join the longer route riders at Pezzini Farms on Nashua Rd. outside Castroville for the 40 mile route.
– Regular route through Elkhorn Slough, back via Trafton, or shortcut up Salinas Rd (your choice).
– Long version of route is here: https://ridewithgps.com/routes/13236308
– Bring water, ride snacks and some money for pie. There are also sandwiches, drinks and even ice cream available.
Join us for a Labor Day Pie Ride!