If it’s New Year’s Day, it must be time to kick off 2020 with a Carmel Valley Road climb to the top of Cahoon Summit.
Slower climbers start at 8:30 with the rest beginning at 9am from in front of the Trailside Cafe in Carmel Valley Village. We’ll climb 18 miles up to the summit and celebrate the New Year together with a little Champagne before turning around and descending.
Here are all the details:
- Date: Wednesday, Jan. 1, 2020
- Start/Finish: Trailside Cafe, 3 Del Fino Pl, Carmel Valley
- Start time: 9am (8:30 for slower climbers)
- Route: Carmel Valley to Cahoon Summit and back
- Distance: Out and back is 36 miles
- Refreshments: A taste of Champagne at the top
While the weather is supposed to be mostly sunny, it’ll most likely be cold at the start, so layer up for the ride. The Trailside Cafe opens at 8 so you can caffeinate before the ride. Post-ride we can gather there and depending on the weather either cool down or warm up!
Start the year off with a Climb to Cahoon on New Year’s Day. We hope to see you there!