The Velo Club New Year’s Day tradition continues this year with a group ride up Carmel Valley Road to the top of Cahoon Summit.
The ride starts at 9am (8:30 start for slower climbers) from in front of the Trailside Cafe in Carmel Valley Village. We’ll climb 18 miles up to the summit and celebrate the New Year together with a little Champagne before turning around and descending.
Here’s the details:
- Date: Tuesday, Jan. 1, 2019
- Start/Finish: Trailside Cafe, 3 Del Fino Pl, Carmel Valley
(Park along Pilot Rd.)
- Start time: 9am (8:30 for slower climbers)
- Route: Carmel Valley to Cahoon Summit and back
- Distance: Out and back is 36 miles
- Refreshments: A taste of Champagne at the top
It’ll most likely be cold at the start, so layer up for the ride. The Trailside Cafe opens at 8 so you can caffeinate before the ride. Post-ride we can gather there and depending on the weather either cool down or warm up!
Start off the year with a Climb to Cahoon on New Year’s Day. We hope to see you there!