Happy Holidays! Just a quick reminder that our new, New Year’s Day tradition continues this year with a group ride up Carmel Valley Road to the top of Cahoon Summit.
The ride starts at the Wild Goose Cafe in Carmel Valley Village and climbs 18 miles up to the summit where we’ll celebrate the new year with a little Champagne before turning around and descending. Here’s the details:
- Date: Monday, January 1, 2018
- Start/Finish: Wild Goose Bakery Cafe, 18 E Carmel Valley Rd.
- Start: 9 am (a group of slower climbers will go off at 8:40 if you want to get a head start)
- Route: Carmel Valley to Cahoon Summit and back
(you can’t get lost!)
- A taste of Champagne at the top
- Out & back distance – 36 miles
Coffee and the usual bakery items at Wild Goose before the ride. They’ll be open by 7:30 and close at 1. Depending on the time we return we’ll either gather at Wild Goose or head over to Trailside Cafe to warm up.
Get your cycling year started right with a climb to Cahoon with the Velo Club on New Year’s Day. We hope to see you there.