Spring is just around the corner, so it’s time to order your Velo Club Monterey cycling clothing. Once again you can choose from two jersey styles (Century LX jerseys are club-fit and Continental jerseys are performance-fit), shorts, bib-shorts, and lightweight vests (a new model) – all in specific men’s and women’s sizes; plus unisex cycling caps and arm warmers.
For 2020 we’ve have added some new options to the Velo Club clothing line: Knee and leg warmers, gloves in team colors, and even a Quick Release Changing Kilt to give yourself some outdoor changing privacy!
The Velo Club Monterey TEAM STORE is open from now until March 19th, with clothing expected to be delivered in mid-May. The store includes 3D images, details on each piece, and a sizing chart so you can determine the right fit.
Heres’s a few examples:
Pactimo is our clothing vendor and you will order from and pay them directly online. All sales are final once they are placed. Our team Account Manager has the ability to go in and adjust SIZES while the team store is OPEN, but she cannot adjust QUANTITIES. If you decide you want additional items, you must submit a second order.
The team store will close at midnight on March 19th. Once the store is closed, no additional orders can be accepted. At that point all orders will go into production and a 7 week delivery time frame begins. Items purchased within the team store are not put into production until the entire store closes.
You will see shipping & handling charges on your order when you place it, but these are much reduced because we’re having all orders shipped to Velo Club Monterey World Headquarters for distribution to you.
When you access the Team Store, you will see the Team Kit items listed first. Items can also be sorted by garment line to view. Below the Velo Club items you’ll also see some Pactimo Special Offers. These items are available to our team members to purchase at a 30% discount off normal pricing on the Pactimo retail site. Special Offer orders will be shipped directly from the Pactimo offices in Colorado within 5-7 business days at no additional shipping cost to team members. This is a great opportunity to purchase items such as base layers or jackets at a deep discount.
This is a short ordering window so please don’t wait to put in your orders.
Join us on Wednesday, February 26th at 6:30 for VCM Movie Nite featuring the classic race film, A Sunday in Hell – a chronology of the 1976 Paris–Roubaix bicycle race from the perspective of participants, organizers and spectators created by Danish Director Jørgen Leth. Peter Cowie of the International Film Guide called A Sunday in Hell, “Arguably the best film ever made about professional cycling”.
Paris–Roubaix is the most famous and dramatic of the spring classics. Much of the latter portion is over narrow, cobbled tracks that choke with dust on dry days and become slick and muddy in rain. For the riders it is a challenge to keep going without puncturing or crashing. The film captures not just the events of the 1976 edition but the atmosphere of a professional race.
Once again, the venue for the VCM Movie Nite – is the Mad Dogs & Englishman bike shop in Carmel on Mission St. between Ocean and 7th Ave.
VCM Movie Night is free for club members and a guest. We’ll have beer, wine and some light snacks, but feel free to bring your own if you wish. Or you can just put a few bucks in the donation jar to help defray the costs or volunteer to stay after to help clean up! No need to RSVP, just come on over.
What: Velo Club Movie Night – A Sunday in Hell
Mad Dogs & Englishmen Bike Shop
Mission St. – South of Ocean, Carmel-by-the-Sea
Google Map here
When: Wednesday, Feb. 26, 6:30pm
We hope to see you there!
Join us at Monterey Lanes on Sunday, February 23rd from 2 to 4pm. We’ve got lanes reserved just for the club. Cost is $20 per person (payable to Velo Club Monterey when you arrive) which includes 2 games and shoe rental. Balls are provided by Monterey Lanes. Food and beverage is extra.
Doesn’t matter if you are a lousy bowler – we’re doing it for fun, so sign up and we’ll put together some teams. And we’ll have some prizes to give out to the team with the best scores!
Please RSVP via Evite by Wednesday, February 19th so we can get a head count and know how many lanes to grab.
Bowling starts right at 2, so come 15 minutes early to get shoes and teams sorted out. When you check in just say you’re with the Velo Club.
- What: Velo Club Monterey Bowling Party
- Where: Monterey Lanes 2161 Fremont Street
- When: Sunday, Feb. 23rd from 2-4pm
- Bring: $20 bucks and your best bowling shirt
We hope to see you there!
Get ahead of the curve for for your 2020 cycling calendar. Here’s your Velo Club “Event Planner” for the first half of the year.
Velo Club Events
- Bowling Party – Sunday Feb. 23, 2-4pm – Monterey Lanes
CLICK HERE TO RSVP VIA EVITE
- Movie Nite – A Sunday in Hell – Wed., Feb. 26, 6:30pm
– Mad Dogs & Englishman, Carmel
- Vintage Bike Ride (Steel is Real!) – Sunday, March 22nd
- Sea Otter Gran Fondo Rest Stop Support – Saturday, April 18th
- Highway One Bike Path Cleanup – Tuesday, May 12, 1-3pm
- Memorial Day Pie Ride to Gizdich Ranch – Monday, May 25
- VCM Laguna Seca Twilight Cycling – Wed., June 10, 5:30
Upcoming Organized Rides
Click the links to learn more and register for these rides.
- Eroica California – Cambria – April 4-5
- Tierra Bella – Gilroy – Saturday, April 25
- Wildflower Century – Creston (near Paso Robles) – Saturday, April 25
- I Care Classic – Morgan Hill – Saturday, May 9
- Sonoma Backroad Challenge – Santa Rosa – Saturday, May 16
- Strawberry Fields Forever – Watsonville – Sunday, May 17
We hope to see you at some of these events.
Welcome to the New Year! If you haven’t done so already, please take a few minutes to renew your Velo Club Monterey membership for 2020. If you don’t need a hard sell on why you should renew, just follow the simple 4 steps below. If you need more persuasion, skip to below the photo and read on…
Velo Club Membership Renewal
- Click this link to get to the 2020 VCM Membership Application.
- Complete the form and print it out. If you access the form from a computer (not a mobile device) you can type your information directly into the form from either your web browser, or if you download the form, in your PDF Reader. Make sure you sign and initial it in the spaces marked in Red.
- Write a check to Velo Club Monterey for the amount ($50 – Family, $35 – Individual or $10 – Junior). Note: You can pay your membership fee online via Paypal here, but we still need your completed and signed form.
- Mail your completed Membership form and payment to:
Velo Club Monterey, P.O. Box 1404, Monterey, CA 93942.
Please renew now – it’s a real pain for your board to spend the first half of the year chasing down membership forms and dues.
The “Hard Sell”…
Here’s 21 reasons to join Velo Club Monterey…
- A great bunch of like-minded friends to go on rides with!
- Your Velo Club membership card gets you 10%-15% discounts at Bobcat Bicycles in Salinas, Peninsula Bike Works and Work Horse Bicycles in Monterey, and Winning Wheels in Pacific Grove. Mad Dogs and Englishmen in Carmel also offers a free, one-hour, E-bike rental to any Member as well as 10% off service and accessories.
- Discounts at Light and Motion, our local bicycle lighting manufacturer, is offering discounts between 10 and 15% to club members.
- Alvarado Street Brewery offers members a 10% “Neighborhood Discount” on food with a membership card.
- We are bicycling advocates with a representative on the Transportation Agency of Monterey County (TAMC), and we donate time and money to local bicycling causes.
- Summer Picnic & Barbecue
- Annual Holiday Party
- Movie Nites
- Bowling Party
- Bocce Ball
- Santa Cycle Ride
- Brats & Beer Twilight Ride Nights at Laguna Seca
- Three Saturday Morning Rides
- Tuesday Morning “No Real Job Ride”
- Thursday afternoon BWC (Beer, Wine or Coffee) ride almost always ending at Alvarado Street Brewery!
- New Year’s Day Ride (with Champagne at the top of Cahoon Summit!)
- Pie Rides to Gizdich Ranch
- Vintage “Steel is Real” Ride
- Support for Sea Otter Gran Fondo rest stops
- Traveling bike boxes to loan for your next plane trip
- Park tools to borrow for your next repair
Thanks for being a member. We hope you can join us again in 2020.