We’re getting the band back together this Monday, Sept. 3rd for a Labor Day Pie Ride from Monterey (or Castroville) to Gizdich Ranch in Watsonville. You can either start at Monterey Wharf at 8 am or join the ride at Pezzini Farms near Castroville at 9.
Here’s the details:
– Labor Day – Sept. 3 – Pie Ride to Gizdich Ranch in Watsonville.
– Meet at 8am at Monterey Wharf on the bike path near the Custom House for the 70 mile ride (same start as Tuesday NRJ Ride).
– “Pie Lite” – 9am to join the longer route riders at Pezzini Farms on Nashua Rd. outside Castroville for the 40 mile route.
– Regular route through Elkhorn Slough, back via Trafton, or shortcut up Salinas Rd (your choice).
– Bring water, ride snacks and some money for pie. There are also sandwiches, drinks and even ice cream available.
Route Map for the longer (70 mile) Pie Ride starting at Monterey Wharf at 8am: Gizdich Ranch Pie Ride Route
Route Map for “Pie-Lite” (42 miles) starting at Pezzini Farms (460 Nashua Road) at 9am: Gizdich Ranch Pie Ride (from Pezzini’s)
Welcome in the fall riding season with a Velo Club Pie Ride!